Welcome! St. Paul's is an independent K-8 day school that provides an education that is intellectually challenging and morally enriching. The School enrolls students from widely diverse cultural, religious, family, racial and socioeconomic backgrounds who are motivated to succeed and who, by the virtue of their character, will contribute to the life and spirit of the School.
Students are admitted on the basis of academic and social skills, developmental readiness, past school experience, recommendations and character. Kindergarten and sixth grade are primary entry points into the school.
Our admissions process begins in the fall prior to the planned year of attendance. Please see notes below about the steps in the process. We look forward to getting to know your family.
and Simrita Dhanjal
Director and Assoc. Director of Admissions
510.285.9627 / 510.285.9617
|We use an online application platform called Ravenna. To submit an application, families will need to create an account or log in using an existing account. Through Ravenna, you will also be able to register for events, schedule a tour, and schedule a shadow visit (grades 6-8.)|
Steps to apply:
1. Schedule a tour by creating an account through Ravenna and going to the St. Paul's profile or completing an online inquiry form here on our website.
2. Submit an application through Ravenna. Priority deadline is Jan. 6, 2017. Applications accepted on a rolling basis Jan. 6-Jan. 20, 2017. The required components of a complete application are:
3. Schedule and complete an assessment.
- Teacher recommendation(s)
- Transcript (for grades 1-8)
For grades 6-8 only:
4. Schedule a shadow visit (schedule available on Ravenna after submitting an application).
5. Schedule an ISEE Exam. St. Paul’s School code is #054150. Register here.
We ask that your child take the ISEE by the end of January (at the latest)
|NEW FAMILIES|January 6, 2017:
Priority application deadlineJanuary 20, 2017:
Secondary application deadline (shared EBISA school deadline)March 17, 2017:
Admissions decisions communicatedMarch 24, 2017:
New family enrollment contracts dueSIBLINGS & FACULTY
December 5, 2016:
Applications dueJanuary 27, 2017:
Admissions decisions communicatedFebruary 17, 2017:
Sibling & faculty enrollment contracts dueTUITION INDEXING APPLICATIONS
Tuition Indexing information is due at the same time as applications. For more detail, please see our Tuition and Tuition Indexing Program
St. Paul's Communications