In this documentary by Academy Award-winning producer Debra Chasnoff and GroundSpark's Respect for All Project, teenagers talk about the toll that deeply held stereotypes and rigid gender policing have on all of our lives.
According to the Straightlaced
website, the film is meant to prompt discussions about:
- Gender expectations that limit everyone;
- Rampant homophobia that leads to violence and bullying;
- Stereotypes that limit students’ academic, career, and extracurricular choices;
- The sexual pressures that teens face today;
- The intersection of racial, gender, and class bias;
- Creating more equitable and inclusive learning environment
GroundSpark’s Respect For All Project facilitates the development of inclusive, bias-free schools and communities by providing media resources, support and training to youth, educators and service providers.